When you are looking for style, privacy, budge friendliness, or energy efficiency or all at one go, the task of choosing window blinds become a bit daunting. However, before blindly marching to a blind store, it is ideal to have a basic idea about how to do it perfectly. There are many offline and online options for you to purchase window blinds, but most importantly, one need to do this selection intelligently in order not to regret later.
When it comes to interior designing, windows become the major focal points of any room and blinds and shades can add a lot to the decorative aesthetics of the interiors. We have come a long way from the days of hiding windows behind the basic types of mini blinds, now there are plenty of varieties of window blinds in all shapes, sizes, and colors to choose from. You can think of a hundred possible ways to dress up the windows and add a lot to your neighbor’s envy.
First things first
It is not all about style and aesthetics, window blinds serve a big functional purpose too. You cannot compromise on this aspect while selecting window blinds. Let us consider a few major points to consider here.
- Privacy – How much you want to get exposed? Decide whether you want to just keep a plain glass in between your room and external world or want to cut out the view from inside out and outside in. There are many options like Bali blinds if you want to block the complete view from outside. There are many other customized options too as you can block the sight partially or fully by adjusting the window slats.
- Lighting – You need to decide how much sunlight you want to enter into the specific room where you install the blinds. Decide whether you want to keep your room bright and airy or to keep it a “buttoned-up” space. Do you want to block the light completely in the bedroom to enjoy a sung sleep. A couple of things to consider here are;
- Whether the windows you cover are near to the front door or facing the sunny side of your home?
- Whether you want to cut out the sun completely from the kitchen but want to allow it abundantly in your living room?
All these factors needed to be thoroughly assessed before finalizing the model of the window blinds you choose.
- Budget – There is no doubt that budget is the primary concern of many homeowners while thinking of home improvement like window blinds. You need to first consider whether you are planning to outfit only a single windows or the entire house? Whether you want to focus on aesthetics and where to focus on functionality?
You may then make an estimate by allocating more funds to some windows which have aesthetic value and scaling back on some others not so important. The price of window blinds can vary based on size, materials used, colors, and patterns etc.
If you are totally blank about buying blinds, then it is ideal to get advice or an interior design expert for choosing adequate windows blinds for home or office. Going for the cheapest option is not always the best, rather take your time and do some research to identify the most cost-effective models of blinds for your purpose.